Friday 6 October 2017

Busy, busy, busy

I've dropped down to 90% in my day job. Which means that I get every other Friday off. Not that I sit at home staring at the telly. I've far too many things to be getting on with to do that.

This morning I've been soaking the labels off bottles, scanning the BBPA Statistical Handbook 2017, putting together  a pre-WW I Adnams Tally Ho recipe  and writing this blog post. I really need to crack on with stuff for a good reason. I'm off to South America a week tomorrow. I need to get more than a week ahead in my posts as I don't want to be messing about posting while I'm away.

I've never been to South America before so I'm pretty excited.Kristen managed to get me an invitation to Conferência de Cervejeiros in Santiago de Chile. Where I'll be doing some judging and giving a talk.

It seems that there's a lot going on in the beer world down there. I can't wait to see what they're brewing. And taste it as  well, obviously. I'm sure that I'll be writing all about it as soon as I'm back.

While I'm so busy, why not buy one of my two most recent books. It might encourage me to write more:




There's never been a set set of historic homebrew recipes like it. Not just adjunct-laden,watery British beers but all sorts of weird stuff like Continental Lagers and North American Ales. Amstel's beers of the 1950's anyone??

Please buy it. It's dead good. And Andrew's shoes will need replacing soon.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ronald-pattinson/lets-brew/paperback/product-23289812.html

And there's also my sadly neglected Scottish masterpiece:
 
http://www.lulu.com/shop/ronald-pattinson/scotland-vol-2/paperback/product-23090497.html





It contains a ridiculousnumber of  recipes - 370-something - covering the whole range of Scottish beers from the 1840's to the 1970's.

5 comments:

... said...

You should definitely go to Brazil.
I can give you some contacts of people who organize a yearly Brewing seminar for the home brewing community.

Ron Pattinson said...

That would be fun. When is it?

... said...

Probably just next year around April.

Mick said...

Would love to see that Adnams recipe.

Ron Pattinson said...

Mick,

it will be published next Saturday.